Thursday, August 16, 2012

Podcast Delay & YouTube Dispute



Hey everybody, just a minor blog update here. I did indeed record an hour or so of audio at Fandemonium way back on August 4th with the intent of editing it with an intro, intermissions, and an outro. I still plan on doing this, but right now I'm focusing more on my YouTube projects... Which is another thing I need to address. Right now YouTube is being a pain with two of my videos as it pertains to their monetization.

In layman's terms, I make a wee bit of money off of every view a video gets as well as those pesky ads that appear on them. It's not a ton of money by any means (I'm talking like pennies here) but the idea is that if I ever become popular enough it could help me buy new equipment, tickets, and fuel to go to even more conventions, concerts, and festivals.

Essentially, everything I do comes out of pocket; my Press Pass re-certification, my camera and batters, gas, lodging, etc. is all paid for by me. So I thought hey, it might be kind of nice to make a little cash on the side to fund my projects. It's obviously not going to be a lot right now given that I only have a few hundred viewers, but eventually who knows?

In any case, the two videos that are under review by YouTube for possible copyright infringement (I shot all footage and got permission from everyone interviewed, and the music is royalty free). Let me know what you guys think:

Helping my friend Gabby promote her YouTube Channel.

Interviewing fans about what they think is the worst fandom/fanbase:
-Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment